Jul 03 What I Learned This Week, July 3, 2020
Oh. My. Lanta! I can’t believe I’ve made it to Friday, which means 2 things: 1. it’s time for a summary of what I’ve learned this week. 2. I didn’t throw myself into a pool full of COVID-19 de-maskers. But this week was brutal. Can you name a time when you got in trouble at work for calling out your boss for being wrong, having an ear infection, and being displaced while trying to move! But through 5 days of drama, I learned a few things along the way. I’m here to share it with you.
1. Fitness: Walking In the Sun Burns More Calories
I started a trend of walking 0.6 miles (one way) to CVS to get a few thing. Turns out I’m able to get those Apple Watch fitness rings closer to complete. It looks like sweating in the 9 AM summer sun helps the process even more. If you want to reach your fitness goals easier, take a tip from my book and try that morning walk.
2. Health: Losing Your Balance Randomly?
Turns out that falling over randomly isn’t just a childhood symptom of a bigger issue. It also affects you as an adult. Well, I was taking off my pants this week and nearly took out the room. It turns out I couldn’t keep my balance because I had an ear infection. If that happens to you, check your ear for infection because…well. Just check.
I didn’t really have anything for this one. I literally learned nothing about sex this week. I just knew sex would get some people’s attention. It would definitely get mine. 😏
If you do your research you can find the most amazing deals for renting. I found a place this week in Los Angeles, the jacked up rent prices capital of the world (in my book) and found a place where the rent for 6 months would still leave my savings at well over my original goal for LA! Who knew!
By the way, for the last several years I’ve listed “progress partner” on my resume. That basically means my job is to either provide or research answers and solutions…for a price. So, if you’re interested, hit me up!
A Few More…
Here are a few other things I learned this week:
- You don’t need as much stuff as you have – When you’re moving or trying to improve your life, it’s okay to let stuff go and give things away, including your electronics, clothes and exes.
- N**ga-Rigging is Racist and Ineffective – people, it’s just best to do stuff the right way. If you don’t know what you’re doing, hire someone who does. As for the racist part, the fact of its name says it all.
- Rest Days in Between Workouts is Everything – take the rest day. Your body will thank you.
- Keep Folks Out of Your Bidness – PERIOD.
- Stay In Your Bag – if you don’t gots one, go gets one. Always have a hustle (honest hustle).
That’s it for this week. Join me for Mondays With Devon where get to tackle what it takes to be an entertainer and artist.